I’m Not Wearing Pants at the Moment

True, I’m not wearing pants. It’s my way of letting the world know that our window blinds were installed yesterday! Finally, I can lounge around the house in my skivvies without putting on a peep show for my neighbors. The sidewalk in front of our house sees a fair amount of traffic- parents with strollers, dog walkers, bikers, and joggers–including the boys’ cross country team from a nearby high school.

We installed vertical blinds in the upstairs bedrooms and a different types of cellular shades on the main floor. We chose the top-down/bottom-up style to allow the greatest amount of natural light into the rooms while still providing enough privacy to prance around naked inside the house.

Pics and video soon!

To clarify, we do not actually prance around or even sit at our desks naked and if we did, I would not put it on YouTube. I will post pics or videos of our blinds, though.

You’re welcome.

Since some of you are bound to ask, we bought the blinds from a Big Box store and paid them to do the measuring and the install. In all, we covered 16 windows, so the flat fee the store charged for measuring and installing turned out to be a pretty good deal. And now we don’t have to devote any of our weekend time to covering the windows, which is good because we’re on something like week 7 of bathroom demo. *DIY sigh*

7 Responses to I’m Not Wearing Pants at the Moment
  1. Emily
    June 1, 2012 | 4:40 pm

i do have to say… when i was 16, it was *awesome* that the boys’ cross country team ran by my house. now, i want everyone off the lawn. congrats on the newfound pantslessness!

2. Toni
    June 8, 2012 | 7:08 am

I feel your excitement!! We have so many windows in this old house that we tend to “chip away” at getting new coverings, a few at a time. After seven years, we finally made it to the dining room windows. Quite frankly, I’m unsure why we waited so long! I wonder how many people have watched us make coffee in our PJ’s through those windows. lol

3. tracey
    June 8, 2012 | 8:37 am

It’s like you KNEW I was going to ask that, didn’t you? Pantsless photos might be interesting for the google hits alone, though.

Maybe not. Yikes. 🙂

Yay for blinds!

4. Paula @ Frosted Fingers
    June 8, 2012 | 3:19 pm

Yay for blinds! I need some new ones on a few of our windows

5. ConnieFoggles
    June 8, 2012 | 9:56 pm

So no more peeping Toms?

6. Brandie
    June 9, 2012 | 10:20 am

Yay for blinds. And I think you should prance around pantless once in a while 😉
    Also, I’d totally pay to have someone else install them too.
    Good luck with the bathroom!

7. candy @ Mommypalooza
    June 9, 2012 | 10:15 pm

this makes me a tad jealous! I have SO many windows I want to make over only feel so overwhelmed by where to start! So excited for you! 🙂

xo,