I don’t understand the popularity of shopping haul videos, but then again, I’m not much of a shopper. I break out in hives if I’m forced to go to the mall. God forbid I head there on a weekend or holiday, I’d better have an epi-pen or who knows what would happen to me. For my kindred spirits and those who don’t spend as much time online as I do, shopping haul videos typically involve a shopper highlighting her fabulous finds and great deals from a shopping trip. Some haulers get tens of thousands of YouTube views as they show off what’s in their bag, which translates into good money from ads on those videos as well as lucrative deals with brands.
Are you interested in Reluctant Renovator shopping haul videos? If so, I’ll make you some, but know they will be more likely to feature Lowes and hardware than Loehmann’s and handbags.
As you’re pondering my question, take a look at what I picked up last week at local garage sales- something for nearly every room in the house.
Yes, that one. The house that we do not yet own.
My friend Cindy* kindly reminded me that people buy stuff for babies long before they arrive, why not buy a few things for the house?
I threw caution to the wind and went on a $32 shopping spree. Let me tell you about my haul:
- A brand-new bread machine that makes 2 lb. loaves (on our “to buy” list)
- Two brand-new tarps (handy for lawn work and so much more)
- Two large plastic planters for the garden (good since we may only have a container garden this year)
- Cigar boxes (pure awesome) + their contents (not cigars, but items the boys will use in the workshop)
- Records including U2′s Joshua Tree and Billy Joel’s Greatest Hits Volumes 1 and 2 (wait for more news about this and hope Hubs doesn’t have these same titles tucked away in his parents’ basement)
- Closet accessory for hanging shoes or sorting out winter gear like hats and mittens
- Nearly two dozen old glass spice jars (great with our retro kitchen!)
- (Then I remembered we’re gutting the kitchen….)
DH likes to remind me that low-priced crap is still crap, but I think we will get our $32worth out of this haul, especially if the boys make a cigar box guitar and I figure out how to repurpose the lovely glass jars (which might work even in the new kitchen).
What do you think? More shopping updates?
* Click the link. She is a fabulous writer.
No related posts.